ModulusTech aims to revolutionize the construction sector through technology and industrialization. Created with the purpose of solving global refugee and housing crises, the team behind ModulusTech has developed a flat-packed housing technology which is cost effective, quick to set up and provides proper living conditions while being relocatable. The model proves to be an innovative and sustainable construction solution which can be used for Low Cost Housing, Net-Zero Buildings, for various applications.
As an Assistant Engineer, you will be providing on-site and in-house coordination for all phases of production and projects, including coordination with operations and procurement teams in accordance with drawings and specifications. You will be working closely with the core team to deliver projects from design phase to finishing stages.
Required Skills & Experience
- BE in Civil Engineering from a reputable university.
- 1-2 years of experience on site in construction or relevant industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cost Estimation, Structural Designing and Bill of Quantities calculation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead site operations and teams
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Pakistan or abroad.
Skills we Value
- Ability to identify and solve problems in real time.
- Demonstrates an eye for details and emphasis on quality of work.
- Effective communication skills and experience in documentation and project reports.
- Experience with Pre-fab construction or product design.
- Proficiency in Project Management and 3D Modelling Software.
- Experience in the field of sustainability or energy modelling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision and quality assurance of manufacturing works at factory and civil works on site.
- Management of unskilled and skilled labor force
- Carrying out site visits for potential projects
- Carrying out site preparation, layout, surveys, civil works and assembly of prefab components according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Carrying out MEP, HVAC and civil works at projects.
- Delivering tasks assigned by project engineer.
- Job-site management, documentation, procurement, stock count, maintenance and supervision of material and equipment at project and production area.
- Managing finishing, repairs, maintenance works, housekeeping activities for projects and production area.
- Reading and implementing engineering drawings and specifications.
- Making bill of quantities according to the designs and specifications.
- Use of AUTOCAD to make plans, shop drawings, etc.
- Use of surveying, measuring and leveling instruments.
- Perform in-process and final inspections.
- Project management, control, stakeholder management, scheduling of activities, management of site operations.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Identify non-compliance with health, safety and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list walks with the client identifying and completing incomplete items.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of scope.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees – (i.e. labor services, etc.)
- Monitoring jobsite general health, safety and environment.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.